Wednesday, June 9, 2010

14 weeks and counting

I've made it through the first trimester. No more nausea...not feeling completely exhausted...things are going well. We heard Shelby's heartbeat again on June 7. It was 160 beats a minute this time. A friend claims that means Shelby is a boy because it's a higher heartrate. We'll find out in 6 months!

I finished cleaning up my classroom yesterday. Kinda strange knowing I won't be going back full-time, but it hasn't completely hit me yet. Right now our living room is full of the stuff I brought home...including about 270 books! One of my goals for today is to find a place for most of it and start trying to sell the rest of it on Craigslist and an Yahoo teacher's group. I will definitely miss teaching, but I'm looking forward to having this time to prepare for Shelby's arrival.

2 comments:

  1. So excited you started a blog!!! Even more excited to read it. You, Steve and baby are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog invite! So cute. Can't wait to see a picture of you with baby belly. ;) 270 books...you beat me. I had a bunch, but most are in Spanish! Perfect way to start Shelby's library. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete