28 weeks down...about 12 to go! Wow, where has the time gone? December seemed so far away when we found out we were pregnant in March...now it's just around the corner. There is still so much to do. I definitely need to be making better use of my time. I've subbed a few times at my former school which is fun because the kids and parents are excited to see me. It also makes me thankful that I'm not teaching full-time. I get worn out much quicker and appreciate not having to deal with all the other stuff that goes along with teaching...parents, discipline, grading papers, paperwork, etc.
I'm still feeling good which is definitely a blessing. I'm starting to feel huge, but I know I'll probably getting bigger soon. Hopefully, I can get another picture up soon. Shelby seems to be doing well and moves around quite a bit at times. I can tell he/she is running out of room as I feel body parts seemingly trying to push through my belly. I love feeling the movements and seeing my belly move. It's such an incredible thing to experience. I have my next doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm going every 2 weeks now. Dr. A. is a great Catholic doctor and is very good about answering any questions we have. He's a family doctor so we will continue seeing him after Shelby is born.
Besides feeling good, I have not had any food aversions. Pretty much, if it's food, I'll eat it. I really need to work harder at eating the things I should, like fruits and vegetables. We have them in our fridge washed and ready to eat; however, the chips and crackers on the counter are always more appealing. I haven't really had any major cravings at this point either. Steve seems to have more cravings and tries to help me out by saying he's more than willing to go to Dairy Queen or to get a breakfast burrito if I really want one. The one thing that has sounded really good is root beer floats. I haven't been drinking my usual Dr. Pepper while I'm pregnant (except for a few sips here and there when Steve has one), but I've been enjoying root beer.
Steve and I are both eagerly anticipating the arrival of our son/daughter. Every once in awhile we'll make a comment about how different a particular activity will be after we have a baby. There will definitely be some adjustments that will have to be made, but our life will be so much more blessed when that time comes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




And you thought married life was a change...just wait. It's amazing how much a tiny little baby can change your life.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a change. I remember feeling like I couldn't even go to the grocery store...now I tote all three crazies along every week! You'll be a great mom. ;) I would recommend enjoying your "date nights out" while you don't have to think about where it's okay to bring a baby or finding a babysitter, though. That's one thing we still aren't good about doing on a regular basis. Praying for you!
ReplyDelete