Tuesday, November 9, 2010

36 Weeks

The first snow of the season is falling outside...nice big snowflakes. It's very pretty. I don't mind the first snow, especially when I get to stay inside and drink some nice warm peppermint tea and contemplate the fact that I'm having a baby in 4 short weeks, give or take a few days. Craziness! We packed our bags for the hospital last night. I still have a few things to pick up which I will hopefully get this week. I almost have my Christmas shopping done. Most of the gifts are wrapped as well. I've got my Christmas letter started and the address list almost finalized. I'm hoping to finish the curtains for the baby room today or tomorrow. Things are starting to fall into place. I know the nursery most likely won't be perfectly ready when the baby comes, but I'm hopeful that it will be really close. Here is my belly shot from today:



According to my 5-year-niece, Clare, who saw me via Skype last night, I'm really fat. :)

Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to eagerly anticipate the arrival of our little one.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mama you are! Snow is a good excuse to stay snuggled up inside with your beautiful baby. Praying for your comfort & rest during these final weeks of anticipation! God bless your family!
    =] robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about staying home- not going anywhere when it's snowing! Wet snow/rain is predicted here soon, I had to find the winter coats this morning before the bus came. I guess I can't deny that winter's coming anymore. Now to convince Thomas that it's too cold for shorts...
    Praying for you and waiting excitedly to hear the news! Love you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed Clare the picture and she said "Whoa!" :) Wishing you were here in Nebraska so I could call you "fat" in person just like you so lovingly did for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete