Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A couple firsts

Last week I noticed that Stephen's left index finger appeared to have an infection by the fingernail, so we went to the doctor. Turns out he had paronychia. We were given an ointment to put on it - his first prescription. It looks better now. He was also weighed again while we were there. Something must have been wrong with the scale at the first appointment because he weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. The doctor said it was pretty impossible for him to have gained almost 2 lbs in a week, so we weighed him again and he was 7 lbs. 8 oz. So things look good weightwise. His struggle now is dealing with a diaper rash. It looks pretty painful and he hates getting his diaper changed. Hopefully, it will clear up quickly.

Last Friday we went to watch Daddy's basketball team play. Stephen was the hit of the gym. Everyone was excited to see the cute baby. He slept through the whole game, noise and all. Unfortunately, Steve's team lost by one point. I know Stephen will be ready to run out onto the floor before I know it. Better enjoy these peaceful games while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment