Thursday, June 20, 2013

From the mouth of Stephen...

Enjoying his first popsicle

Stephen is quite the little chatterbox. I love listening to his little conversations with me and with himself. Here are some things we hear frequently around our house...

*"big brother" - Stephen has started referring to himself as "big brother." I often call him that when talking to Paul, so he has picked up on it. He'll say things like, "big brother play trucks."

*"Daddy all done work, come home." - This sentence is said multiple times everyday. I usually have to confirm by saying, "Yes, when Daddy is all done with work, he will come home."

*"way far away" - Anything that isn't right next to Stephen is considered to be "way far away."

*"me Chad" - We have a friend named Chad whose family owns a building moving company. They have lots of big trucks. Chad is also who redid our driveway. Stephen frequently likes to pretend he is Chad and is going to work.

*"me fox" - Stephen also likes to pretend he is a fox and will crawl around. He will also pounce on imaginary food and pretend to eat off the ground.

*"little bit" - I'll sometimes tell him we can do something for a little bit longer. So, Stephen will say, "play outside little bit."

*"say-ball" - This is his word for baseball. Stephen definitely likes playing baseball. He enjoys being a pitcher, throwing the ball, pretending to run the bases, and hitting the ball. I can't wait until we go to a Rockies baseball game later this summer. He will love it!

*"Paul play with me" - Stephen loves playing with his little brother. I love watching them play together. They usually do a pretty good job.

*"muscle cars," "monster truck," "race cars"- Stephen is a also a big fan of cars and trucks. He has quite a collection of Hot Wheels already and has started asking what kind each one is.

"pea budder mamich" - Anytime I ask Stephen what he wants for lunch or supper, he will say this which means "peanut butter sandwich." He is definitely a peanut butter fan like his mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment