Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baby stays home

I had 2 baby-free evenings this week. On Thursday I met a couple friends for dinner, and Steve volunteered to watch Stephen. Unfortunately, Stephen chose to exercise his lungs almost the entire time I was gone. Steve tried everything, but Stephen kept crying. Steve said it didn't bother him because that's what babies do. I think what frustrated him the most was that Stephen stopped crying as soon as I picked him up...Mama's touch, I guess.

Last night Aunt Anne came to watch Stephen while Steve and I went out to dinner for my birthday. This time he behaved. Anne said he just fussed a bit but other than that was a peaceful boy. It was nice to have a date night - our first since Stephen was born. Hopefully, Stephen will continue to behave for babysitters so we can have more nights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment