Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day update

So...the food turned out great and we had a nice dinner accompanied by a wonderful crying baby who insisted on eating with us. :) I just kept reminding myself that this too shall pass. Before I know it, he'll be a teenager who doesn't want to sit down for dinner with his family. The cupcake I cut open for Steve had a perfect heart! He was duly impressed. The wedding cake tasted pretty good as well.

My anniversary/Val's Day gift was tickets to see Rock of Ages which will be here in June. It's a musical Steve had said he would actually be willing to go to!

2 comments:

  1. Before he's a teenager, he'll be a toddler/preschooler/school-ager who despite constant reminders, will not be able to sit quietly while at the table...especially if fueled by siblings. We haven't had a quiet dinner since Clare was born. :) But if noisy dinners means we have beautiful, normal children, then I'll take the noisy dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a constant reminder of your love! :) The only way we got through meals with Andrew that little was the swing. The GLORIOUS swing. For me it was always easier to listen to it than crying. Might be worth a try!

    I'm totally jealous of your tickets. I can't even get Darren to get a musical on Netflix! Enjoy it for me, too!

    ReplyDelete