Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter weekend

Stephen and I made our first venture to Nebraska this past weekend. We left on Friday, and things were going very well. The Expedition had made a few strange noises but seemed to be driving just fine, so I didn't worry. Well, about 10 miles from our destination, it suddenly wouldn't accelerate anymore. Luckily, I was near an exit ramp and was able to get off the interstate before the vehicle stopped. However, even after putting it into park and putting the emergency brake on, it rolled backwards if I took my foot off the brake. So, I had to stay in my seat with my foot on the brake. I called my sister Megan, and Adam left to come pick us up. I also called a tow truck. Meanwhile, Stephen was in the back getting hot, hungry, and tired of being in his carseat and began crying loudly. I felt very helpless because there was nothing I could do to help my baby. We finally made it to Megan's house where we received a very warm welcome from Clare, Jacob, and Emily. My parents and Amy stayed in town for the weekend, so we got to see everyone a lot.

We spent Saturday playing inside and outside. Stephen got to swing outside for the first time. He loved it! We went to the Easter Vigil Mass that night. Stephen slept through the entire Mass. On Sunday the kids got their Easter presents. That afternoon we met my grandparents, Uncle Don, and Aunt Joanne at Valentino's for an Easter lunch. Stephen and I then went to my parents' house where we had more fun!

The Expedition was repaired on Tuesday, so my parents took us in to pick it up. We spent the night at Megan's, to the delight of the kids, and returned home on Wednesday. Although the trip was a bit more eventful than I had planned, it was wonderful to spend more time with my family.
Swinging with Grandpa

Playing with Aunt Amy

All dressed up for Easter Mass
Easter basket from Aunt Megan & Uncle Adam

What a good book!

Easter basket from Mommy & Daddy

My very own teddy bear!
Stephen the bunny

Playing in the Easter eggs

Stephen slept in the same crib Mommy slept in.

Playing tractors with Jacob - Jacob asked for the "slobber cloth" when Stephen was done. 

1 comment:

  1. Wowza! Your baby is SO cute Jessica! I love the video..."What do I do with these eggs? I guess I'll just look cute." And the tractor photo...love the cousins playing.

    ReplyDelete