I had a mental list of things I wanted to get done on Saturday, May 26...things I wanted done before baby #2 arrived. I woke up around 5:15 am and thought that maybe my water broke but wasn't sure because it wasn't as significant as it had been with Stephen. I went back to bed. Steve left for work around 6:30. I got up shortly after that and had some bleeding. I then called Dr. L. She said it would be best to come into the hospital to check things out. I started trying to contact Steve. I also called my parents and told them they might be coming to Colorado that day. Then the contractions started. I finished packing, put some laundry in, emptied the dishwasher, washed some dishes, and got Stephen up and gave him breakfast. Around 8:00 I called Grandma Rose and asked if she could come watch Stephen. I finally got a hold of Steve and he headed home. We set out for the hospital around 9:00. As I timed my contractions on the way, they were about 4 minutes apart. As we drove we discussed a boy's name since we hadn't decided on that yet.
When we got to the hospital, I was put in a triage room, so they could check things out. They discovered that my water had broken, so there would be a baby that day. They did all the prep work and got me ready to go to the operating room. I walked on my own to the operating room at 10:50 am. As soon as they gave me the spinal anesthesia, I could feel my legs and feet going numb. It was the weirdest feeling to know my legs were there but to not be able to move them. They finished prepping me for surgery and then Steve came in. I could feel them pulling and tugging on my stomach which was kind of odd as well. At 11:31, they pulled out a baby. They had Steve stand up to make the announcement that we had another boy. Daddy got to watch him being cleaned up and then baby got to lay on my chest for a little bit before heading to the nursery for further cleaning. I got transferred to the recovery room, and then we finally got to our postpartum room. There we decided that our newest bundle of joy would be named Paul James. Paul is Steve's middle name and the first name of my maternal grear-grandfather. James was Steve's dad's middle name and is my maternal grandfather's middle name.
My parents and sister Amy made it in that evening. Grandma Rose and Aunt Kathy brought Stephen to the hospital as well. He wasn't sure what to think of Mommy being in a bed and this little baby. Stephen has been such a good boy considering his little world has been rocked. He loves having Grandma and Grandpa G. and Aunt Amy to play with. He has definitely become Grandpa's little boy. Hopefully, he will be a cooperative and obedient little toddler when we're on our own. :)
We are so excited to welcome Paul to our family!
 |
| Paul James - minutes old |
 |
| the happy parents and baby Paul |
 |
| "I'm not too sure about this big brother thing." |
.JPG) |
| Stephen decided baby Paul is pretty cute. |
.JPG) |
| Grandma and Grandpa G and their boys |
 |
| Paul with Grandma Rose and Aunt Kathy |
.JPG) |
| Paul and Aunt Amy |
Wow - I totally missed this! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete